Family Newsletter—March 2022
NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH
March is National Nutrition Month and at the center we will be learning about good nutrition, to set the kids on the path for a healthy future. When thinking about preparing nutritious meals at home, we recommend a balanced approach that focuses on building healthy eating habits.
Here are some challenges you can try at home that promote a healthy lifestyle!
- Sit together at the table for at least 1 meal each day
- Try meal planning for 1 week
- Use the MyPlate (www.myplate.gov) model as a guide for meals
- Try a new food or recipe from around the world
- Get your kids involved in meal prep and cooking
- Eat at least 1 fruit or vegetable with each meal
- Move your body doing an enjoyable activity each day